“When Tobias Church captures and tortures one of Oliver’s new recruits, Oliver must turn to an old friend, Christopher Chance AKA the Human Target, for help. Meanwhile, Felicity’s worlds collide when Detective Malone joins the ACU.” (IMDB)
- So Rick Gonzalez, who plays Wild Dog, is knocking it out of the park. I just don’t like Wild Dog. He makes terrible decisions, does stupid things, says stupid things, doesn’t stop to think anything through, and just doesn’t seem to have any real redeeming qualities as a character. I’m sure we’re going to see some character growth, since they seem to be setting the character up as a baby Ollie, or maybe baby Dig, but for the moment I just don’t have a lot of use for Wild Dog.
- Ditto for Whatsherface, the Black Canary wannabe. She’s going to be Artemis, I think? Except Artemis, at least in Young Justice, which is where I know her from, was a great character. She had a ton of background, great enemies, excellent story arcs, mad skills, and a personality. Here on Arrow I can barely be bothered to remember she’s there.
- Hey, Dig’s back! Hi Dig, we missed you! You notice how Oliver, like, immediately chilled out once Dig was back in the house?
- Felicity needs a boyfriend with a grown-up’s name. And a shower.
- So there was the end of Tobias Church. I’m sad to see him go – I’d have loved for him to be the big bad for the season, I think. I like the idea of Ollie and Team Arrow dealing with a mob boss for the season.
- Prometheus. Meh. I see the fandom is very taken with him, but so far, I’m not impressed.
- I liked Human Target. He was fun – I hope he makes another appearance.
- All that having been said, “Human Target” was a pretty solid episode. It had some great fight scenes – Wild Dog’s bit with the Shovel Fu, in particular. It moved things along plotwise, and we got that end scene with the reporter gal and the DA, where they’re digging into Ollie’s background. I feel like Oliver should have seen this coming. I mean, this is what we do with politicians. We dig up all their dirt. Did Ollie not think that would happen to him, too?
Line of the Night Award
— Arrow (@CW_Arrow) November 3, 2016
Resources & Other Reviews
IMDB | Human Target | r/CWArrow | Arrow on the CW
Nerdist: Arrow Recap: ‘Human Target’ Brings Oliver’s Past Into His Present
IGN: Arrow: “Human Target” Review
Collider: ‘Arrow’ Recap: “Human Target” – The Many Lives of Oliver Queen
Next Episode: So It Begins | 11/9 | Trailer.