I was browsing through Netflix, hunting for a new show to watch, the other day, and stumbled across The Blacklist, starring James Spader. I love the action/spy, cop+criminal drama genre on TV – Burn Notice, White Collar, Leverage, that kind of thing, and The Blacklist looked like more of the same, so I fired it up. And it turned out it kind of is, if you take those kind of shows and add a heavy dose of serious quality.
It’s so good I actually thought it was Netflix Original until I googled it this morning to link to it. Turns out this thing is on NBC. How on Earth do you get a show this good made on network TV? I have no idea, but if you aren’t watching it, you should be.
Weekend Reading List
- Thrillist: Soon You’ll Only Have to Charge Your Phone Every 3 Months
- TPM: 5 Points On The GOP’s Push To Change Medicaid As We Know It
- TPM: Mystery Convoy Of ‘Military’ Vehicles Flying ‘Trump’ Flag Spotted In Kentucky
- Media Matters: The Press Shouldn’t Believe Anything The White House Tells Them — Ever
- Quartz: The psychology of why 94 deaths from terrorism are scarier than 301,797 deaths from guns
- New Republic: America’s New Opposition
- The Intercept: The FBI Has Quietly Investigated White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement