“Happy” is a song written, produced, and performed by American singer and record producer Pharrell Williams, from the Despicable Me 2 soundtrack album. It also served as the lead single from Williams’ second studio album, Girl (2014). It was first released on November 21, 2013, alongside a long-form music video. The song was reissued on December 16, 2013, by Back Lot Music under exclusive license to Columbia Records, a division of Sony Music. (Wikipedia)
Just so you’re aware, David Wong, editor at Cracked.com, has a third JDatE book coming out in October: What the Hell Did I Just Read: A Novel of Cosmic Horror. The first book in the series was John Dies at the End, and the second was This Book Is Full of Spiders: Seriously, Dude, Don’t Touch It.
There’s also a pretty good John Dies at the End movie.
If you haven’t read these books (or seen the movie, which isn’t as good as the book but which is pretty damned good), you’re kind of failing at life. They’re surreal Lovecraftian comedies full of dread and horror and disgusting grossness, and love and hope, but mostly dick jokes.
Weekend Reading List
- Lawfare: What the Data Really Show about Terrorists Who “Came Here,” Part I: Introduction and Overview
- Lawfare: What the Data Really Show about Terrorists Who “Came Here,” Part II: A Country-by-Country Analysis
- Lawfare: What the Data Really Show about Terrorists Who “Came Here,” Part III: What if You Included Domestic Terrorism Cases?
- Vox: The ecological disaster that is Trump’s border wall: a visual guide
- Vox: The squishy, sugary history of Peeps
- NPR: Here’s The Fine Print On The Country’s Biggest-Ever Free College Plan
- Rolling Stone: Donald Trump: Liar in Chief
- New York Magazine: Trump Budget Director Admits Their Goal Is High Inequality, Not Low Deficits
- NiemanLab: With its new, “no-bullshit” tone on social, ProPublica is meeting @realDonaldTrump where he lives
- TPM: The GOP’s Existential Crisis: If They Can’t Pass Tax Cuts, What Can They Do?
- FiveThirtyEight: It Doesn’t Matter If Bannon Stays Or Goes. It Matters Whether Bannonism Does.
- Vox: This could be the end for Bill O’Reilly
- The Rude Pundit: Eating Cake in a Time of Madness
- Lawfare: Using International Law to Prevent Interstate War: How Syrian Airstrikes Make the World Less Safe
- Quartz: Lab-grown meat is about to go global, and one firm is feverishly paving the way