This week The Flash and Supergirl crossed over for their special musical episode, “Duet,” and it was glorious, people. If you haven’t, watch it. Right now.
Probably the best part of the entire episode was Barry’s grinning glee every time a song broke out. Best singer? Man, they were all pretty talented, but I think the one that surprised me the most was Jeremy Jordan, who plays Supergirl‘s Winn Schott. I did not expect him to have that good of a voice.
Just watch it. It was the best.
Weekend Reading List
- AP: Analysis: Trump Learning That in White House, Words Matter
- NiemanLab: Avoiding articles from “the creep”: People trust news based on who shared it, not on who published it
- The Atlantic: American Muslims Are Young, Politically Liberal, and Scared
- The Atlantic: Maybe the Economy Isn’t the Reason Why So Many American Men Aren’t Working
- The Atlantic: Trump’s Credibility Crisis Arrives
- Vox: Donald Trump has lost the Wall Street Journal’s editorial board
- FiveThirtyEight: Dissecting Trump’s Most Rabid Online Following
The news was so busy this week it seems like I barely had time to read anything else, so I don’t have a big reading list. I do want to point out the FiveThirtyEight article in particular, though, because it was fascinating. FiveThirtyEight did a thing with data analysis to Reddit and found some pretty interesting (but not terribly surprising) correlations between the immensely popular and awful subreddit for Donald Trump fans and a plethora of other awful hate subreddits on Reddit.com. Definitely check it out.
“Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men.”
– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe