The new DuckTales cartoon debuts tomorrow. Yeah I’m totally watching it. It’s DuckTales. The reason we all loved it back in the 90’s was because it was awesome. All reports claim it’s still awesome. Why would I miss that?
Here’s a few things to read over the weekend.
- [io9] Hipster Ducks, Money Bins, and Gods All Show Up in This New DuckTales Map – This map is pretty fantastic.
- [Teen Vogue] We Need to Talk About Online Harassment – You should be reading Lauren Duca’s weekly politics column, Thigh High Politcs, because it is excellent.
- [FiveThirtyEight] The Worst Internet In America – I might have linked to this one before, I can’t remember. If I did, read it again. It’s really interesting.
- [Vox] Study: diet soda can really mess with your metabolism – Some really fascinating stuff in this study, but also, just don’t drink pop. That shit is bad for you.
- [NPR] Russian Cyberattack Targeted Elections Vendor Tied To Voting Day Disruptions – This is terrifying, y’all, but I also can’t wait for 10-20 years from now when we start getting to read the full history of what all went down during the Trump election. It’s going to horrify upcoming generations like Nixon horrifies us.
- [NPR] Dogs And Pigs Get Bored, Too – And boredom is bad for you. And them. Great read here. Now go walk your dog. Or at least play with it or something.
[Lifehacker] Dig Into Nearly 30 Years of Free Classic Science Fiction – Archive.org just put up a whole pile of Galaxy Science Fiction and it’s all free.
One of the complaints I’ve often heard from folks who don’t keep themselves informed is that it’s so hard to keep up with the news. There’s just so much of it, they say, and now more so than ever. The Trump news cycle moves at light speed and even I can’t keep up some days.
In response, tons of news outlets have started doing digests – quick overviews and updates of news that happened during the day or week. These are invaluable, and if you’re having a tough time keeping up with the news, you should check and see if your favorite sources are doing digests.