We spent much of our weekend moving Jim’s dad into his new apartment, and we’re pretty wore out. We did get to see Marvel’s Luke Cage this weekend, and it was fantastic, but that’s about all we managed. We’ve got more moving, cleaning, tidying and organizing yet to do, too, so it’s probably going to be a quieter week around the blog.
Here’s a few things to read, though.
- Politico: What the FBI Files Reveal About Hillary Clinton’s Email Server
- New York Times: Donald Trump Tax Records Show He Could Have Avoided Taxes for Nearly Two Decades, The Times Found
- AP, via TPM: Trump Likely Paid No Fed Taxes For Almost Twenty Years
- TPM Editorial: A Few Notes on the Times Blockbuster
- Talking Points Memo: Five questions about Trump’s tax returns
- New York Times: Donald Trump and His Allies Struggle to Move Past Tax Revelation
- NPR: New York Attorney General: Trump Charitable Foundation Violated The Law
And here’s a few things to read about Luke Cage.
- io9: Real Talk About How Luke Cage Uses Blackness
- AV Club: Luke Cage worships the black body in its strength, power, and vulnerability
- Rolling Stone: ‘Luke Cage’: Inside Marvel’s Hip-Hop Ballad of a Bulletproof Black Man
- Slate: What Luke Cage Takes From Blaxploitation
Also, some Daily Cute: Two adorable fluffy bunnies.