“Supergirl is hurt by a kryptonite-powered villain sent by Cadmus to attack National City. Superman blames Hank since the kryptonite was stolen from the DEO. In the meantime, Kara’s first day at her new job doesn’t go as planned when she meets her new boss.” (IMDB)
- One of the more entertaining things about watching Supergirl is remembering how insecure I was at her age. Kara’s new newspaper boss, Snapper Carr, said to Kara something like, “Now get out of here before I channel my second divorce and destroy you emotionally,” and while I can imagine spluttering just the same as Kara did in my early twenties, I’m pretty sure these days I’d have just patted him on his bald little head and said, “Aw, aren’t you cute. Like you matter enough to ‘destroy me emotionally.'” It’s a fun reminder of how much I’ve changed over the years, and I imagine it hits most women in my age group the same way.
- That fight with Martian Manhunter and Superman! J’onn being the little girl surprised me, too – that was cute. Particularly how she was dressed up as a Superman fangirl. Also, J’onn ripping that metallo’s kryptonite heart out? Damn.
- Alex kicks all the ass. Just, like, all of it.
- Winn is much improved so far this season. His incessant fanboying over Superman was a hoot.
- This version of Cadmus is a lot more out front than usual. Cadmus is generally a “work from the shadows”-type organization in the comics.
- Dean Cain plays Cyborg Superman? Calling it now.
- I don’t have a sister so I’m not sure, but I think inviting your male cousin over for “Sister Night” is a faux pas. Also, I’m glad someone finally called Supes out for dumping Kara on the Danvers. Not to his face, of course, but it was nice to see someone acknowledge that that was kind of a crappy thing to do.
- I like this version of Superman so much better than the Snyderverse version.
Line of the Night Award
Kara: “Are you crying?”
Winn: “No. *sniffle*”