“Caitlin visits her mother to help her understand her growing meta-human powers; Barry tries to convince Julian to let him help investigate a new meta-human attacking Central City.” (IMDB)
- This episode was a little filler-ish, basically just introing the new Wells, HR, and confirming he has ulterior motives. There’s no such thing in the whole multiverse as a Wells who doesn’t have an ulterior motive.
- We got the cool big monster and I kind of loved Flash’s initial flummoxed reaction to it, like “WTF am I supposed to do with this?”
“You can’t beat Godzilla with ‘goes fast,’ guys.” – The Flash, probably.
- We also got a better look at Caitlyn’s sitch, which she takes to her super-science Mom, for help. Caitlyn’s mom is, of course, an ass. And I still don’t get why Caitlyn wouldn’t turn to her friends for help with this. Like, they have all the experience with metas.
- We also got some character development for Julian, finally. He was getting a bit one-note, so that was nice to see. When do we start the countdown for Julian joining Team Flash? They need another science nerd. Actually, what they need is a grown-up science nerd, since I don’t think HR is going to be filling that role. It seems like they’re setting Julian up for that.
- The anti-bullying message at the end of the episode felt a bit stuffed in, didn’t it? Was that just me?
- It was an overall enjoyable episode, but nothing stunning. I feel like The Flash is spinning it’s wheels a bit. Let’s get moving, guys!
Line of the Night Award
No line, but Barry gagging on complimenting Julian so he could shadow him for information was fantastic.