I got this list of Trump cabinet appointees from Heavy.com, and you can read some short bios on some of these people at Politico.com.
Being Considered for Appointments/Positions
Secretary of State: Newt Gingrich, Bob Corker, John Bolton
Treasury Secretary: Steven Mnuchin, Jamie Dimon
Attorney General: Rudy Giuliani, Pam Bondi, Chris Christie
Defense Secretary: Kelly Ayotte, Jeff Sessions, Michael Flynn
Health and Human Services Secretary:
Ben Carson, Rick Scott (I think he just turned the job down, though)
Interior Secretary: Forrest Lucas (founder of Lucas Oil), Sarah Palin, Robert Grady, Jan Brewer
Agriculture Secretary: Sid Miller, Sam Brownback, Dave Heineman
Labor Secretary: Victoria Lipnic
Commerce Secretary: Wilbur Ross, Chris Christie, Dan DiMicco
Ben Carson, William Evers
Energy Secretary: Harold Hamm, Robert Grady
Homeland Security Secretary: David Clarke, Michael McCaul
Veterans Affairs Secretary: Jeff Miller
Environmental Protection Agency Administrator: Myron Ebell, Jeffrey Holmstead (no Wikipedia link), Joe Aiello (director, New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection’s Division of Environmental Safety and Quality Assurance)
As you might expect, no one is happy with this list, particularly with Steve Bannon being appointed counselor. That’s because Steve Bannon is objectively a giant racist douchebag. Also, he runs Breitbart.com, which I feel tells you everything you need to know because that site is the actual worst.
- Bad Astronomy: Trump’s Cabinet: Yeah, It’s Probably Even Worse Than You Imagined
- Washington Post: The Trump administration hasn’t even started yet, and it’s already a fiasco
- Josh Marshall (TPM): The Corruption Will Be Endless
To wrap things up, it turns out that Mike Pence, vice president-elect, LGBT horror story and women’s rights hate parader, doesn’t want his emails released. This is hilarious, but more in that “laugh or you’ll cry” kind of way.
Here’s a few other things worth reading:
- Gizmodo: Facebook’s Fight Against Fake News Was Undercut by Fear of Conservative Backlash
- Mother Jones: Van Jones: “Hope for the Best, Expect and Prepare for the Worst”
- OpenSecrets.org: Following the money of Trump’s Treasury hopefuls
- John Scalzi: The Cinemax Theory of Racism
Updated 11/15: Ben Carson seems to have taken himself out of the running for a cabinet position.
Photo: Donald Trump speaking at an immigration policy speech in Phoenix, Arizona. Photo by Gage Skidmore. (Source & Licenses.)