It’s been a busy few days, and I expect it to stay that way, so here’s a quick list of some of the good reads I’ve stumbled across in the last few days. Of particular note is the SCOTUSBlog post, which is dry and textbooky but interesting, and the Washington Post article, which details the strategy women in the White House administration staff used to make themselves heard over the men in the room.
- Vox: Humans and Neanderthals had sex. But was it for love?
- ProPublica: Trump’s Call for a Flood of Poll Watchers Could Disrupt Some Voting Places
- Washington Post: White House women want to be in the room where it happens
- Language Jones: Refining “Microaggression”: A Linguistic Perspective
- SCOTUSBlog: The Court after Scalia: We need a new Justice like Scalia to help end the abortion-distortion effect
- TorrentFreak: TorrentHound Shuts Down, Another Big Torrent Site Bites The Dust
- ProPublica: How Washington Blew Its Best Chance to Fix Immigration
- New York Times: Diabetes and Your Diet: The Low-Carb Debate