Despite icky January colds, we enjoyed a nice, quiet weekend full of dog-walking, Minecraft and podcasts. Jim got the short end of the stick in the cold department – mine’s just been a sniffle. But he seems to be on the mend now, so I guess we’re ready to face the week.
5 Things to Read Today (1/22/18)
- Politico: Senate to vote Monday on plan to reopen government – Actually, they should be voting any time now.
- TechCrunch: Facebook won’t retreat from Stories as it adds desktop posting – How popular is Facebook Stories? I never see any from anyone I follow. Do other folks use it a lot? I thought more people were using Instagram Stories and whatever that thing SnapChat does.
- FiveThirtyEight: Politics Is More Partisan Now, But It’s Not More Divisive – TL;DR: We’ve never gotten along politically.
- Vox: The public really, really, really opposes current federal marijuana law – Americans mostly want to legalize pot.
- Daily Beast: FBI: Devin Nunes Won’t Show Us Memo Alleging Surveillance Abuses – This whole #ReleaseTheMemo thing is an especially fragrant pile of BS, and I don’t say that because I disagree with Republicans, I say that because it was a Russian bot-pushed hashtag to start with. Russian Twitter accounts started the hashtag on Twitter, forced it to trend using fake accounts, and vaulted it into the news from there.