Hey, guess who’s five months old? This sleepy lil’ gal. She’s actually feeling a smidge under the weather today. She’s got a sniffle. Allergies, maybe, or a cold? I guess dogs can get colds? I dunno, but I’ll have her in to the vet later on today to make sure it’s nothing serious. In the meantime, lookit this sleepy lil’ face! And those fuzzy toebeans!
5 Things to Read Today (2/12/17)
- The Conversation: Estate planning for your digital assets – Just something to keep in mind, folks. You don’t want to leave your relatives with a huge digital hassle when you go.
- Buffer Social: The New Facebook Algorithm: Secrets Behind How It Works and What You Can Do To Succeed – Facebook’s newsfeed algorithm changed again recently, prioritizing content from friends and family over content from brand pages, making life very difficult for those of us who run brand pages. Here’s a few tips from the experts.
- Oprah.com: The New Midlife Crisis – This is a great read. “Sometimes, I think I’m falling apart. Then, I talk to my friends. One spent a whole winter getting a babysitter for her toddler daughter in the middle of the day and then used the time to go to the movies and cry.”
- The Atlantic: America in 1915: Long Hours, Crowded Houses, Death by Trolley – We like to romanticize the past, telling ourselves that life was somehow better or more pure “back then.” Spoiler: It was not.
- Politico: Progressives storm Democratic primaries – “Progressive insurgents are launching challenges to Democratic members of Congress in some of the country’s bluest districts, sparked by deep frustration with the party establishment and anti-Trump anger.”