It feels like it’s been a super busy week. I’ve hardly had a second to think about anything. Between puppy chores, puppy set-up, work, doing errands, and whatnot, it seems like I’ve been running all week long.
I do have a pile of saved stories to keep busy with over the weekend, though. Plus I’m reading Al Franken’s Al Franken, Giant of the Senate. I’m a few chapters into that and it’s pretty good so far.
- New York Times: Tax Cuts Are the Glue Holding a Fractured Republican Party Together
- BuzzFeed News: Puerto Rico’s Government Just Admitted 911 People Died After The Hurricane — Of “Natural Causes”
- Lawfare: Unpacking Uranium One: Hype and Law (About the Hillary Clinton/Uranium One conspiracy theory.)
- Politico: Manafort real estate agent testified before grand jury in Russia probe
- Vox: How Paul Manafort’s arrest fits into Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation, explained
- McClatchy DC: Firm in Mueller indictment got RNC funds for work on Trump campaign
- NiemanLab: Longer content isn’t wearing audiences out — and they may even be hungry for more, two studies find
- Lawfare: Summary: Manafort and Gates Indicted, Allegations and Charges (Explainer of the charges, possible legal rammifications.)
- Lawfare: Summary: Papadopoulos Pleads Guilty to Making False Statements to the FBI (Explainer of the charges, possible legal rammifications.)
- Vox: Uranium One, the bizarre Clinton-Russia story lighting up right-wing news, explained
- FiveThirtyEight: An Introduction To The Dark Arts Of Opposition Research
- Politico: Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC (I am dubious about Donna Brazile’s version of this story.) Updated: NBC News: Memo Reveals Details of Hillary Clinton-DNC Deal (Turns out I was right to be dubious.)
- Christopher Fowler: Think You’ve Mastered English? Read This.
- The Cut: The Things I Shrugged Off Then Horrify Me Now
- AP: Russia hackers pursued Putin foes, not just US Democrats
- San Francisco Chronicle: What is the diversity visa lottery, and how might Trump replace it?
- Daily Beast: Mueller Reveals New Manafort Link to Organized Crime