I’m pretty sure that Overwerk did this mix for a commercial, and I do not care. It’s fun.
Weekend Reading List
- Daily Beast: Trump Data Guru: I Tried to Team Up With Julian Assange
- Josh Marshall/TPM: The Big WaPo Story & Why Everyone Needs to Thank Marc Elias
- Josh Marshall/TPM: What’s Up With The Times Piece on Elias, Steele and Fusion GPS?
- Vox: The newest developments in the Trump-Russia scandal, explained
- ACLU: Unsealed Documents Show That Kris Kobach Is Dead Set on Suppressing the Right to Vote
- The Outline: When Men Fear Women
- The Atlantic: On Safari in Trump’s America
- Defense One: EXCLUSIVE: US Preparing to Put Nuclear Bombers Back on 24-Hour Alert
A little context on that bombers story: The order given was basically for the military to start getting ready to get ready to put the bombers back on alert. Like, “Check the closets, dust things off, make sure the lights still work on the runway,” that sort of thing. Also worth noting, while our B-52s are still reliable and have been modernized, we have way better ways to deliver a nuclear payload than by bombing runs these days, so this is a bit silly all the way around.
This might just possibly be the single most egregious shoveling of bullshit I’ve ever seen. I mean, so far. The day is young.