Brace yourself before reading that New Yorker article. It’s gonna beat you over the head with Harvey Weinstein’s nightmarish sexual predation. Also, he wasn’t just “sexually assaulting” or “sexually harassing” women. Don’t let the media get all wishy-washy about this. Dude’s a straight-up rapist, according to several women in that article.
5 Things to Read Today (10/10/17)
- The New York: From Aggressive Overtures to Sexual Assault: Harvey Weinstein’s Accusers Tell Their Stories
- The Atlantic: American Kakistocracy
- Politico: Hacker study: Russia could get into U.S. voting machines
- FiveThirtyEight: Decertifying The Iran Deal Would Probably Be Mostly Symbolic
- Washington Post: A ‘pressure cooker’: Trump’s frustration and fury rupture alliances, threaten agenda
Folks have been warning us about our voting machines since the Bush years, but we didn’t listen or do anything about it. If we had any damn sense at all, we’d switch to a universal vote by mail system like we use here in Oregon. You get a solid paper trail, and we have nearly no incidents of people tampering with the vote or voting when they shouldn’t.
You should definitely read the Washington Post article, too. Trump’s temper and outbursts are worrisome for a lot of reasons, the main one being that it points to how mentally unstable the guy is. And the last thing you want in the White House is a mentally unstable guy. I’m just saying. The GOP wants to be heros and salvage this session in Congress? Impeach that dude. You’re only going to anger a small portion of Trump loyalists, and frankly, no one should be pandering to that bunch, anyway.