Today’s looking to be another busy day. But hey, we’ve got some good news! Trey “Benghazi” Gowdy is retiring from Congress.
5 Things to Read Today (1/31/18)
- CNN: Rare ‘super blue blood moon’ dazzles sky gazers – I didn’t watch the thing because it happened at an ungodly hour here in Oregon. However, I hear it was pretty awesome.
- Wired: Look Out: Chrome Extension Malware Has Evolved – Keep an eye on your browser extensions, folks. Sometimes they’re out to get you.
- Media Matters: “Native American” Facebook pages that push fake news are actually run out of Kosovo – As a general rule, don’t follow random trash pages on Facebook. They’re either meme factories building up a following so they can sell themselves to fake news purveyors, already pages that are passing fake news, or, y’know, just random collections of crap scraped off Reddit, Twitter and Tumblr.
- Gizmodo: Facebook Users Cry ‘Censorship’ After Being Told Which Russian Troll Pages They Liked – And on the heels of that last link…
- State of the Union Fact Checks: Read ’em here: Vox, WaPo, FactCheck.org, Politifact.